Sunday, March 20, 2011

BISCUITS!

Biscuits are awesome! okay I know that is a goofy subject for a blog post but come on....they are! They are the best in whatever way you make them.  This morning I baked some biscuits and cooked some ham with an egg and made the tastiest biscuit sandwich for breakfast for me and my wife.  That is one way.  Another great way is having biscuits and gravy......oh yeah! If it is southern style thick white gravy......PASS ME A PLATE FULL, I'LL BE GRATEFUL! They are really good.....granted probably not good FOR me but GOOD! Many times a bit ugly looking with all that gravy smeared on them dripping off the edge of the plate....doesn't matter!

When I was a teenager, my parents would be working at the office on Saturday mornings during tax season and I would go in and make my own breakfast.  Now most of the time I would get a quart measuring cup and pour me a bowl of cereal and milk.....okay, more like a bucket of cereal......good stuff.  But often on a special occasion (whenever there was canned biscuits in the refrigerator) I would crack open a can and eat the whole thing with butter and jelly....yep, the whole can while sitting on the couch with a plate in my lap, dressed in my pjs watching cartoons. I even ate them that way for dinner, nothing better.

Now some of the best biscuits were my Dad's homemade buttermilk drop biscuits.  They were always great.  When we made breakfast, usually around a holiday, Dad would whip up a batch of biscuits and we would all chow down......sadly - there were never enough.....happily - I would have been 4 feet around if there were an endless supply. I miss those times.

I think our kids enjoy biscuits just as much as I do. They are just the yummiest thing on the table at breakfast.  Without biscuits for breakfast.....it just isn't complete.

Enjoy your biscuits my friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment