Sunday, October 16, 2011

What Will the Day Bring?

Do you ever wake up and just wander what the day will turn out like?  I always hope and pray that it will be a glorious day. Glorious....does that mean Successful?....define successful. Profitable, family encrusted, relaxing.....what? That is a whole nother blog.  How about beautiful....does that mean weather? great temperatures...not too hot and not too cold......and oh yeah not too much work so you can enjoy the weather.....maybe end up with a great sunset. It could be a NICE day.....nice doesn't describe much....sort of like asking someone how they are and they respond, "FINE".... what is fine? Hair is fine...you cannot be fine! I still remember that line from George Carlin's stand up routine.

I really don't know what to expect when I get up. I just hope it is something positive and rewarding. Maybe meeting some new people, or maybe just an enjoyable relaxing day.  I could accomplish something work wise which would fulfill some great void I am sure.....other than that...I couldn't care less.

When you have a pretty regimented life, there are not always many deviations in what may or may not happen when you wake up. That may be some people's desire, "Don't throw anything unexpected at me today!" I am not sure I am like that.  It feels that each day is mostly different.  Mostly new.  Mostly something that hadn't ever happened before. I find that rewarding. I think it is funny so often when I think about my life of how there are so many adventures I have been on.  So many unique events and sets of circumstances that I have experienced. I guess that is why many people laugh at my stories....they are full of drama! I have become a storyteller of sorts.  Who would have thought.....just the expression of my life is all.

The bible tells us that "This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:23-25 The Lord never says what kind of day it will be....just that he made it....so therefore we need to be happy with that knowledge. That is sometimes difficult to do cause there are sometimes we just don't want to get out of bed.....let's just wait until this day is over.......forget about today.....lets start tomorrow. I don't think that is what the Lord has desired for us.  Whether it is a great day, good day, fair day, bad day or terrible day....we are to embrace it whole heartedly. He has given us a day for us to enjoy and use......what will we do with that day?

Everyday is an opportunity.  What will you do with yours my friends?

0 comments:

Post a Comment