Thursday, November 4, 2010

Time Machine

Have you noticed how quickly time seems to pass you by once you get older.  When you were young it took forever for something to happen.  If you were waiting for a surprise.....forever you would wait...impatiently I might add. If you had to wait in a waiting room or were delayed for something it seemed agonizing.  Now those moments are quite peaceful relaxation periods...lol.

Seriously, what happened to our sense of time once we got older......it all went in fast forward! It was only a few years ago I was in college....getting married. And now it has all flashed by.  22 years of marriage in a blink of an eye.  Kids getting married, not just in college but graduating college. Our business that we struggled to open began 11 years ago.....oh yeah, still struggling.  Go figure!

I have often wanted a TIVO machine for life.  Something that necessarily allowed be to go back in time but at least allowed me to review it.....did I miss something? What did she say? Let me see it again please? I love the remote control that allows me to flip through the commercials on all of the recorded shows or even to be able to rewatch the Superbowl commercials. Now that is useful! Did you see that catch! rewind and lets see that again.  What did they say? I couldn't understand them......that is just probably old age cannot hear.

I often will be driving in the car and have the radio on and the DJ will say something and I reach for a button that can rewind and repeat what they said or replay a great song.....oops no button.  What is really bad is I will be sitting in the living room and my wife or one of the kids will say something and wont hear them....I try to rewind them!  What!  That is crazy......I cannot believe I think that.  If I don't watch out I will be like Click with Adam Sandler......of course a funny movie about an architect to boot.

Well in a few days I will be 45, I anticipate more weddings soon another Christmas will have come and gone.  I think, both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year will be the first without everyone around.  That is what happens in life, as you get older, you and your wife get the opportunity to spend more time alone together.  Just like in the beginning......still that is a bit lonely.

That my friends will be another blog post entirely.  Stay safe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment