Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Birthday Bash

The heat is being generated already by all those candles. Can't believe that 45 years has already come here so fast.  It only seemed like a few weeks ago I was playing in the front yard in my space man suit, or playing Little League out at Tuxedo Ball Park.  Only a few days ago I was playing football in high school....no superstar but still had fun. It was yesterday that I did that all-nighter in college and had our first child. Yesterday, I was coaching the boys on the football field or my sweet little girl (terrorist) in softball, basketball etc.  Yep time has certainly flown by.  Not sure where it went.  We all say that though don't we.  What did we do with the time that we always say that? Pretty silly.

Well I feel fortunate that I have all those memories and Alzheimer's hasn't taken that away yet...lol. Seriously, I feel that I have had a wonderful life thus far.  I cant really complain. I have had an opportunity to grow up working in my father's business and helping out.  I have had an excellent college education at Oklahoma State.  I had the wonderful blessing of winning the William Caudill Fellowship and traveling all over the world studying architecture....not by myself but with my wife and two young sons. since then I have had the most excellent adventure of starting my own business......I say adventure because with adventure comes adverse weather conditions.....stormy weather patterns have certainly been part of that experience but right now bright sunshiny days seem to be in our forecast.

God has been so good to me and my family.  I cannot really complain. Sure, that house I played out in front of as a child is about dilapidated.  But was a great home to be raised in. I miss my dad. Yep, my knees and back are certainly still there...I feel them every morning when I get up from those days of ball. I still have that education.  They can't ever take that away from me. And I have those fantastic  kids that used to drive me crazy and I probably scared to death as a mean old grumpy stressed-out dad.....Sorry kids.  I do love you. Blessed is this day and every day that I arise with the Lord by my side.

Yes George Bailey, This is a WONDERFUL LIFE!
Enjoy the day my friends.....I certainly will.
Life is THIS big!

0 comments:

Post a Comment