Monday, February 1, 2016

Post-Run Recovery Drink with Shaklee

We have been using Shaklee products in our family for over twenty years. They have provided a healthy foundation using their vitamins which I believe has kept me from being sickly and drained of entry. Speaking of energy drain. Try running a marathon and see what's left in your tank afterwards. Actually it doesn't have to even be a marathon, just a good physical work out or shorter run can zap your body. 

I went on a Saturday morning run this last weekend and hit only 12 miles. I know.....some of you might think that is a million miles. For me I should have been fine. But I wasn't. Several weeks ago I did the Dopey Challenge in Florida and felt fantastic after all four runs. This last Saturday after the run......I was down for the count. Well maybe the busy hectic week at the office had something to do with it too but regardless I was drained. Fell asleep on the sofa!

As a post run replacement/recovery drink I recommend working up a simple fruit and protein concoction to rebuild your muscles and revitalize your body. You need it. Here are the few things that I do. 
 Here is your health tip moment.
Remember my friends....have a fun run!

Eugene Thompson
RUN EUGENE RUN




0 comments:

Post a Comment