Wednesday, January 11, 2012

JUST DO IT

Running and Exercise

Sometimes I think that these new year resolutions are just crazy.....I had a late start but have picked up my resolution of running consistently to get back in shape for a half marathon as well as loosing some weight. Today made three days in a row.  Not a lot of mileage but slowly working up a bit at a time. Actually, 1/10th of a mile a day. Today I hit 1.7m. 

It wasn't easy getting up this morning and I really felt like saying forget it....but the competition inside me pushed me to accomplish what i needed to.  Running doesn't come naturally for me at all.  I played fullback in school which means 5 YARDS FALL DOWN, 5 YARDS FALL DOWN, 5 YARDS FALL DOWN.....so running especially long distances isn't in my vocabulary.  The little bit (okay maybe more than a little bit) of extra weight that I am carrying around makes it even more painful on the knees and back.  But, I love the challenge.

Consistency is the goal.....with that will come the rewards.  I will keep you posted from time to time on my progress.  I just keep telling myself.....JUST DO IT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment