Sunday, January 8, 2012

IT HAS ALREADY STARTED!

Okay, so now it is the new year and we are supposed to have all these New Year's Resolutions and stuff which typically always gets busted during the first week of the new year.....wow what a positive way to start off a new blog reading.....lol.....of the new year..(note to self, be more positive this new year). But come on, isn't it true?  Everyone is writing about them, everyone is talking about them.  You have to feel like, "If I don't make up a new resolutions and follow them ...well....I will be behind."

Guess what my friends?....I am behind and we are only into the first week of the new year.  I was supposed to start running again....BEHIND.  I was supposed to start working on the house....BEHIND.  I was supposed to read the bible daily with my wife...BEHIND! That is the story of my life.  My big BEHIND always gets in the way.....wait that wasn't what I was really trying to say. Never mind....if I edit this then I will behind on my new posting resolution....ahhhhh!

When it really comes down to it WHY? I did put together a plan....yea an aggressive plan...to do all this stuff I needed to accomplish this year. Dates, times, lists.....that is my middle name.  (not really but just go with me on this one).  At 46 years old, why must I accomplish all things things?  I am not trying to prove something.  Why do I HAVE to finish the renovations of the bedroom, bathroom kitchen and garage....(doesn't leave much else does it?) Can I just do a little at a time? When I feel like it? Oh yeah, I never really feel like it! My neighbor yesterday made me feel bad because they mowed the lawn again...On January 7th!!!!! And it was the wife doing it not the husband!

So that was it...I couldn't take the procrastination or humiliation by the neighborhood.  I BEGAN......I was going to paint the front door. I had already bought the paint...months ago but never continued the task....DON'T SAY IT! I also had a few other things I was going to do.  I planned on putting up the crown moulding in my daughters bedroom. Fix the towel bar in the bathroom and hang a mirror. I got ready and was all set...then I remembered...why I didn't paint the door....I forgot to buy a paint brush when I bought the paint.  So off to the Home Depot.

My wife went with me and we looked at the trim to buy for the crown moulding, we looked at the nail guns....after all I planned on doing a lot of work around the house. After all that looking, I was already tired and I hadn't even BOUGHT the stuff yet.  Okay, smaller bites.....I bought the paint brushes and some anchors for the towel bar.  We decided to buy the materials I needed on a Thursday night, on a Friday night to make sure I had everything I needed and all set up to work, so.....On Saturday morning I could get up and make some progress without loosing any steam or energy...(which are basically the same thing but it sounds good so I am going to be redundant.....hey, this is MY blog).

Okay good plan, dang it...the neighbor is mulching too!  Paint , Paint, Paint! So
I did.....Door looks pretty good..  I did two nice coats, I need to do another......A bit concerned that the lipstick color will not actually turn out CRANBERRY....(read my Ionic blog for color of the year!). Visitors BEWARE, you are not entering an Amsterdam brothel. (music playing in the background...Sting singing, "ROOOOXXXXANNE...Turn on the red light.......Rooooooxxxxxannne.)

Today, do the other coat of paint, hang the mirror and fix the towel bar......the rest of the day.......WATCH FOOTBALL.  My friends.....their are priorities.  Enjoy the day....don't forget about that!

Just so you know that the list posted at the beginning of this blog is for dramatic effect only and is not really my list.  However the list does apply with the exception of #4.  I dont smoke!

0 comments:

Post a Comment