Sunday, September 26, 2010

Age...It moves quickly

In the beginning.....wow that seems like so long ago.....no not THE BEGINNING, but my beginning. Coming up on 45 years.  Tuesday Dexter is 24.  Gideon is getting married. Where has the time gone? Each day is a new beginning and it starts all over with every sunrise. That is a great thing.  It means what ever we screwed up yesterday we can forget about it and start fresh this morning.  Regaina and I have been waking up right at 6 just before the sun is even up.  As a matter of fact she is out walking right now.  Something I should be doing but officially I am not awake yet!

Each morning is an exciting adventure these days but still it takes a bit to get moving towards the day.  Often I feel like I could just sit here in bed and contemplate life.  It is nice to relax for a change. Relax doesn't come often.  Always something to do.  I make it my mission, self imposed as it may be, to fill every void in my calendar with stuff......some thing must fit inside each minute. If there is a down time usually it is staring at the boob tube or maybe even browsing on the internet.  But I am sure there are things I could be doing in the yard, to the house, at work etc etc etc.

The movement starts slow as I can feel the pain in each joint as they all start to wake up.  The back creeks and I need to twist it into a pretzel....but wait a minute the back will snap...be careful.  Fingers are all stiff, neck is achy. Oh and yes lets wait for the head to start pounding as well. The most painful one.  I used to remember a time when my mind was over my matter.  Whats the matter now! i could concentrate and focus on any part of my body to overcome the pain from what ever I had done.  I truly think that is how I survived the football and power lifting days.  Just to concentrate.

Well some times trying to concentrate is just too much to deal with.  Sometimes it is better to just BE. no thinking about what tasks are ahead of me this day, no worries about how much work still needs to get accomplished. Not even the slightest care of what bills need paid.  Just BE! Time is short, Life is shorter.  We need to BE all we can BE while we can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment