Thursday, January 15, 2015

GOOFY Vacation: Day Two

Our adventures of the Disney Goofy Race

We woke up pretty well rested for that Friday morning with no real plans. We had the day to estate and prepare ourselves before the run. There was the thought of going to a theme park but we were worried we might walk too much and wear ourselves out. Resting in bed was nice.

We stuck to our ordinary routine, coffee in bed, checking our emails, writing our blogs about the events etc. Again it was nice. However before too long we knew we needed to run some to stretch our legs. I wanted to get out and run around some trails near the resort. We got dressed and headed out one of the side doors. Unfortunately that wasn't an exit, it was a shelter for emergencies. Well we got to explore that area some. We headed back up to the main lobby to head out the front door. We figured we would find the trails somewhere near by. Hey, after all we are in Africa.....there has to be trails right? WRONG! No trails around this resort. We found that out after running through large parking lots and around the tennis courts until we ended up at a fitness center. The attendant said no trails around Animal Kingdom Lodge......Go Figure. So we did some miles on the treadmill. I hate the treadmill.

Afterwards we did a little stretching and headed to breakfast at the giant buffet. They had everything. I ate more than I should but still cautiously because I had worked so hard to loose weight before these races. Still it was delicious. A little more coffee and more relaxing and then we decided to head to Downtown Disney

It was a mess.....crazy construction everywhere. We had to park across the way and walk all the wY down. At that point I noticed my ankle was hurting a bit more when I leaned on one side. Was I really hurt or just paranoid? I don't know but it did concern me. We walked to a few of the normal shops and enjoyed oursleves. Nothing special, a few knick knacks and things that we could bring home. We decided to eat at the Irish place. It was okay......not really special. Fish and Chips just tasted.......well like fish and chips. I could have got them back home. Oh well.

We cut the afternoon short and headed back to the Lodge. I had a movie I had downloaded and we could watch that. The Fury.....looked like a Great War movie. We got our gear prepped like always the evening before the race. Race bib on shirt, all your gear laid out, all your pieces and parts ready to put on at 3:00 AM in the morning. Yes, you heard me right. We had to be on the buses before 4. Crazy right?

Gear set, ankles taped with KT Tape, that's a new thing. I taped my wife's ankles as well as. One that had been bothering me. We will see how that works. Movie time, wife fell asleep at 7.....except for when tank fire was making too much noise......oops sorry. I'm out by 9......asleep by maybe 10. Certainly not as early as I hoped but not a ending to an uneventful day.

3AM will come early. Real early! 

Good night my friends......tomorrow is the big day for the first race.
See you in the morning.

ET This I Believe
Eugene Thompson 

0 comments:

Post a Comment