Saturday, September 4, 2010

Holiday Weekend

Well Labor Day weekend is finally here and that means the summer season is gone...So fast. We prepare for the football season but this year it will be a lone spectator sport.  No other football fans to watch it with.  Gaina and April are not really all that big of fans.  They would prefer to do something else when the opportunity avails.  Hasn't been that way for 15 years since the boys first got excited in football when they played flag football at Courthouse Rec. 

Oh well the cycles of life.  I am really feeling it now.  There was a time so many years ago when I didn't have a house full of kids......23 years ago or so....lol. April is the last one and she spends more time away than here. It is all a bit sad, a bit lonely.  I miss all the activity and the uproar.  Even the laughter and chaos.  Don't know how to deal with peace and quiet.

Slowly getting back into the garden thing.  Hoping this weekend I can spend some time straightening the flowers and yard to make it nice.  Takes a lot of time and I haven't given it the time I should have this year. Maybe a bit depressed through all these changes. Now that the weather has cooled a bit from the sweltering heat, we can enjoy the back yard more.  Maybe even spend the evenings out in the backyard.....hey we can cuddle under a cover and watch a movie on the internet on the laptop.....that could be fun....Going to try to do new romantic things with Gaina as this new lifestyle approaches.  I have a huge bucket list and I want to start planning for it now.....mark things off the list and add to it with all the things local and far away....maybe I will talk about the bucket next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment