Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Battlefield: First Front

My battlefield begins every morning.  Lately I have had such a struggle getting up that it is a bit ridiculous! I have never been a big fan of early morning work outs but that is really the only time I have within my schedule due to everything else that fills up my life.  So, it has always been the best time to get my exercise accomplished.  However it is the hardest time for me to get motivated.

For a while, I was waking up at the crazy hour of 5:30 or so automatically.  Without alarm clock without the help of my wife, just plain waking up.  That gave me a perfect opportunity to begin my morning routine.  However lately, it has been simply painful.  I have tired going to bed early but nothing really helps.

It takes a bit for me to get movement going.  Does anyone else have this problem? How do you overcome it? I keep plugging away, but fight it every minute until I am wide eyed. The argument is the same early morning...do I really want to exercise? Come on, maybe tomorrow, I deserve a break today or I have a meeting pretty early so I probably don't have time now.

Frustrating......lets see who wins today's battle, my strong side or my weak side.  Until then my friends....Have another cup of coffee and WAKE UP!

0 comments:

Post a Comment