Monday, February 22, 2016

Doctor Says Neuropathy

Well, I pretty much had a good idea of how my A-1 C was going to turn out today. Just as I expected it it jumped up. I believe it was primarily due to the poor eating that I have been doing over the last six months while running marathons. Marathon food isn't necessarily conducive to diabetics. So I need to get that straight and get it adjusted so I can bring it back down. I was at 7.8 which was significantly higher than the 7.16 months ago.

I started off appointment on a really good note, I gave my doctor a photograph of all of my 2015 models with run Eugene run over the top of it. Also saying diabetes isn't going to stop me. She thought it was really great. I probably wouldn't of been here if she hasn't been able to motivate me and keep me challenged.

So on one good note of my visit my HDL number was extremely high…… That's a good thing. Should mention that man at my age have a difficult time getting the number any higher than 40. Mine was 71 nearly double what most can accomplish. Should mention that that's going to help me a lot in my heart keeping a strong and healthy most likely due to all the running.

The bad part of the visit was my worry about my foot. I have had a funny feeling over the last year under my toes. It feels like my socks are wodded up and not straight. Good never hurt it just bothered me. It didn't affect my running at all. I'm in about two months ago it started tingling a little bit and I did notice a little bit of numbness in my big toe so that meant it must be spreading. I mentioned it to my chiropractor who is a big factor in helping me keep my body together with all these marathons, and she said it sounded like a neuroma. I had to Google what neuroma minute and basically it is dullness on the nerve endings.

The doctor phrased it as neuropathy which is nearly the same thing. However specifically two diabetes. What she indicated is that the tingling could become painful and medicine could be provided at that time to relieve the pain however the numbness is something that I would just have to live with the resent any medicine to overcome that. One good part is that the circulation in my feet is very very good and that is important so that I can keep my toes! She didn't think it was funny whenever I said that even if I lost my toes I was still gonna keep on running.

So that's my doctors report for this quarter. I have another doctor for my general practitioner coming up in a few weeks for the rest of my blood test. I don't expected to be any different. I did hit the running strong again after my break from the dopey marathon in Disney and felt much better this weekend. 6 1/2 miles on Saturday morning in another six and half miles on Sunday. After which my wait was back down from 204 pounds to 196.7.

And before I posted this it's back up again.....consistency is the key!

Fight the fight my friends. Hang in there and don't get discouraged.
Persistence will be rewarded.

Have a FUN RUN.
RUN EUGENE RUN

Eugene Thompson

0 comments:

Post a Comment