Monday, March 14, 2016

One City is my 21st Marathon

Sunday I ran my 21st marathon in just over two years. Twenty-six months to be exact. I'm always so excited leading up to the beginning of a race.....that is until you wake up at 4AM on daylight savings change over. Ugggg. The second annual One City Marathon in Newport News is a very well supported run with lots of community involvement. Even being a small race that makes all the difference in the world.

I have found out that the best races are the local community organized events and not the national chains. It seems they are bigger but not really better. More about the money. At least in my experience. One City has certainly got the neighbors along the route to join in and cheer on the runners. You don't know how much that helps.

I had higher hopes for this one as I've rested nearly two months since the Disney Dopey challenge but the heat must have gotten to me. Or maybe it was the time off from running as much because it was too cold. Not sure. I'll need to improve my time and my focus if I plan on continuing. I'd like to get under the 5 hour mark consistently. That would make me feel accomplished.



There's my update friends. More pictures coming soon......Oh the race had a finish video. I thought black me looked slimming! Well I'm FAT IN BLACK TOO!

Have a fun run my friends. Enjoy the day and enjoy the road!

Eugene Thompson
Run Eugene Run

0 comments:

Post a Comment