Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Coffee - The first step in your morning routine

I have not always enjoyed coffee. Matter fact I once hated coffee. Never really set well on my stomach in the morning. My wife used to joke me about not being a grown-up because I didn't drink coffee. These days I have my coffee every morning. 2 cups typically. I drink it in the bed while I do my morning routine of running through part of my readings and writings. My wife gets up and it brings me my hot Java to start my day off. 

I could probably do without it. But now it is become part of my routine and it is nice to sit in bed with my wife chat in the morning and share a cuppa coffee together. When I go out of town by myself and I have to figure out the hotel room's coffee maker, it is a disaster! You see I really don't know how to make coffee. I'm spoiled. I rarely ever make it at home so when I have to make it we are probably all in trouble. Or at least for those that are drinking my coffee concoction.

Have you noticed out in your neighborhoods how many places serve coffee? There are a lot of specialty stores and barista adorned establishments that are specializing in coffees. I think you could become a coffee architect ( or should we call it a JAVATECT? ) and assist all of those businesses with their design efforts that are centered around this black cup of juju juice.

I must pause for a moment to go get my 2nd cup of coffee. I'll be right back.

OK now that I have returned we can continue.

The biggest part of my new found coffee infatuation is that it has become a regular part of my routine......everyday! It sets the comfortable tone when I run through my tasks and schedules for the day. No matter where I am, home or the Richmond office hotel or away on a business trip or even on vacation......my coffee sets my volume for the day.

You say volume? Yes.....absolutely! If I intend on accomplish my goals for the day.....which are goals for the week.....which are monthly benchmarks......you get it.....yearly budget accomplishments......then it starts with turning up the volume everyday and meeting my own expectations I have set for myself. All of that.....beginning with just a cup of coffee in the morning......ROUTINE!

So my friends, enjoy that last cup of coffee......and then get on to your dreams.....one task at a time.

D. Eugene Thompson
ET This I Believe

0 comments:

Post a Comment