Tuesday, January 19, 2016

50 Days of Birthday

Well I really hadn't been looking forward to turning THE BIG FIVE O this year. For the last eighteen months I've probably fought it harder than most. Partly because I feel to young to be 50, partly because I'm a grandpa now and the rest because honestly I fear the result of getting older. My father passed away at 52 so I've resisting this inevitable progression of age myself. Running, self improvement, peaceful minded activities.....on and on. That isn't the point of this blog post. I'm also just now posting this because I wanted to be selfish and keep this gift to myself for a little while and cherish it. So now it has been 50 days since my birthday do I can share.

So fifty days before my birthday you can't imagine what my wonderful wife did......she began celebrating my birthday! Every day for the fifty days leading up to my birthday she gave me a gift. All different kinds, all different sizes, all different ways to tug on my heart strings. 

It has been fun each and every day waiting to see what she has planned for me. Little or big they are all a fun surprise. Sometimes it is as simple as a salt and pepper shaker......I love S&P.....I don't know why but I have a nice collection. I hav received a song a few times. Songs that encourage, songs that remind me of our wedding day. Yes, I remember the songs that were sung that day so many years ago.

My wife says that she isn't creative, that she isn't thoughtful. I'll tell her right now that that this is the most creative thing and the most wonderful gift I could have ever received. It is truly awesome. I'll never be able to match it.......so I guess I will spend the rest of my life trying to. Thank you sweetheart for your wonderful caring gifts!

You are awesome! Best wife ever!

Eugene Thompson
ET This I Believe













0 comments:

Post a Comment