Monday, November 22, 2010

Weight or Wait?

Okay, this might be a heavy subject for some of you....sorry, cant help but throwing in those "Bad Dad Jokes". This last week I went to Weight Watchers and was an additional 5 pounds less...YEAH! No laughing....it works! A total of twelve pounds in about 8 weeks.  It seems like it is taking forever.  I cant really do the running like I used to.....Reason (1) too heavy, hurts feet, Reason (2) need new running shoes, Reason (3) cannot get myself to get up that early. So most of this is just watching what I eat. that and portions. well of course I cheat on he counting points sometimes....or forget that I ate 2 cookies not one.

I can remember when I used to drop pounds each week. Of course that was back in the high school days.  Now it takes forever and I just have to Wait and take it slow. My weight watchers goal is 206. That is the lowest I will have been in a long time.  Not sure I was that light when I ran the half marathon. I don't plan on stopping there.  I want to be 199......that would be awesome. The next 10 pounds will be tough due to the holidays, but I know it will be well worth the suffering.....ha. suffering by not eating all those sweets. 

Here is the biggest goal.....Bring my blood sugar down consistently. I cannot control it as well when I am heavy.  The insulin and other meds keep the weight on and make it difficult to watch your weight.  If I can get down, that will be awesome.  I go back to the doctor the first week of December to see the results of this weight loss and dieting.  Another thing I would like to do is start running again.  It was sort of fun......kind of a challenge for me.  I felt like Forrest! Just started running and didn't stop.

That my friends IS worth the WEIGHT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment