Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Abundance

There are many ways to look at the effects of the word abundance most of them are good. Typically an abundance of food is a great thing, just means that we will not go hungry. An abundance of work is nice, again, we wont go hungry. Enough to keep us busy for a good while. A deluge of work however sounds like we would just be drowning. An abundance of any item probably means that our habit of collecting has just gone from hobby to insanity. If we have to build a museum to hold all of it....maybe not so good......unless of course someone will actually pay to go see your abundance of things. (besides your family)

I am not much of the spiritual writer, (I leave that to my wife) but the abundance I am talking about here is the kind described in the Bible. "God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things in all times, having all that you need". 2 Cor 9:8 To have an abundance of blessing just sounds so ......comforting. It is like having His arms wrapped around us and we needn't worry. All will be taken care of. Do note that the scripture uses the word NEED not WANT. An abundance of vehicles or money isn't exactly a need. Even so he will give before we even know or ask. Another scripture in Ephesians says, "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Eph 3:20. I could write a whole sermon on that single verse, but what I want to share is that we must first understand that the power needs to be IN us, then it will work great things....to glorify Him. Not us.

God is very good. I feel very blessed and really don't know why he has chosen me.  I stumble often. My book is probably filled with more Oh No's than Oh Yeah's. But I do love the Lord, an I keep getting up everyday praying for forgiveness from the past and praying for guidance for the future. I pray that he blesses me abundantly, not for me, but for all many more things I can do for others. And each time I pray for these things, I pray for the ability to be a good steward.

Make me a servant. Rejoice my friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment