Monday, September 14, 2015

Have you read a good book today?

Over the last several months I have changed my whole process of how I approach my mornings. Since joining SEVA Entrepreneurs Organization I have been injected with new energy to increase my personal growth in everything I do. It started back early on in the year with something that triggered in my mind to grow the business and invest in other things other than IONIC. I have a feeling it was related to the great support I received from RUN RUGENE RUN.

However the opportunity to hear some great speakers thru EO and the opportunity to read their books has put me on the fast track of learning. To become better.....at everything! Now I've never been a reader so this wasn't natural for me. I've always been driven to be better......for a week or so at least. I know....that is sad. It feels like a New Years tradition. Starting for a week or so on the best of intentions and then fading out. However this time I've been consistent for nearly six months!

I have a whole lot of speakers and books I've been engaged in and I've taken pieces of each and began applying them to my schedule. Things that seem to fit me and my agendas. Nearly every morning I wake up at 5:00 AM to start my morning. Yes that would be Hal Elrod's Miracle morning. I write in my digital 5 Minute Journal and then go down my list of activities taken from Dr. Jason Selk's Mental Toughness. All of it has proven to inspire me.

Recently I was afforded the opportunity to read and listen to Drew Crenshaw. Some great advise and great tools that I was able to share with my family and office. I had read his book, "The Focused Business" which was centered around superheroes and villains. It was a great read and I enjoyed it. Learning how to fight the super villain Chaos in my everyday life. A short time afterwards I received a package in the mail that included three books.

I can't wait to dive into The Myths of Multitasking......I just need to finish the other two books I'm currently reading......yeah, I know! From never reading to reading multiple books at one time. I feel like a sponge absorbing all of this energy and inspiration to get better. To be a better leader, husband, father....and of course grandfather. A big part of it is being a better ME! Growing ME for ME is important. After all, if I cannot get better.....how can I expect others to get better.

So with that said, I'm off and running! I've got things to do this morning.
Have a great day my fellows TIBs! Make the best of each moment.

Eugene Thompson
ETTHISIBELIEVE

0 comments:

Post a Comment