Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sponsoring the Ordinary

Nike sponsoring the ordinary guy instead of always the super athletes. Wouldn't that be amazing! We see all these commercials with superstar athletes being paid multimillion dollars to promote various products. I understand the principle behind it, they are in the spotlight because of their profession and talents.....so it makes good common sense.

However.....honestly I won't ever be able to play basketball like Michael Jordan even if I wear his shoes. I also won't sweat orange after drinking Gatorade (or at least I hope not) after completing a marathon like the various other athletes. I realize that. And, though impressive for there accomplishments, I'm not a kid anymore that falls for the sales gimmick. Reminds me of the Saturday morning television where they used to sell all the toys. Or the cereal......be like Mikey! So what did Mikey ever do?

I would be encouraged to see the average everyday Joe.....like me.....I'm not Joe....I'm EUGENE....get a sponsorship to promote their products. To be able to share with the typical consumer how these products have helped me be better, be faster, be stronger, recover quicker.....whatever it is! I could get behind an advertising campaign like that. Because now I see a comparison.

Nike or Saucony wouldn't have to pay me a million dollars.....but a few pair of shoes a year would be cool. I could show how worn out mine are from all the running.


Or how about how tasty the yogurt is before a long run.....doesn't have to be a marathon. I eat yogurt every morning in my daily routine. Again not a huge payout.....maybe just a couple dozen cups every month to keep me stocked up.

You know those Powerbars they give after a race? Now that would be awesome. I eat one after every long run to help bring my blood sugar back in line and re-energize my worn out body.

Oh I know....how about my favorite running shirts...Brooks? I only wear those for my long races and I need me some new ones.....ones with my name and mission printed on it......now that would be extremely cool. Races shirts for the ordinary guy.....trying to be extra-ordinary!



Yeah, that would be great. For me it wouldn't be about the money. It would be truly because I use the product.....because it helps. If it works for me......the average EUGENE.....why wouldn't I want to share my results? Hey, a guy can dream can't he? Anything is possible!

Dream my friends.....and keep running.
See you out on the road.....Have a Fun Run!

Eugene Thompson
Run Eugene Run

Working on a new website....check back soon.....please share with others as I work at helping others fight diabetes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment