Thursday, July 7, 2011

Exhausted, Drained, Empty and Worn Out....and it is the first thing in the morning

Have you ever woke up in the morning and felt more tired than you did when you went to bed? Like you are already pooped before the day even begins? What happened to that iconic image of waking up to the sunlight pouring into you room from the nearby windows and you stretch and smile and say "What a wonderful day!". Yeah Right! Me too. Somewhere in the middle of this millennium I lost morning wake up smile.  Usually I wake up because my back hurts and I cannot lay there in bed any longer.  Or...I got to go pee. I am up and usually hear the snap, crackle and pop of my bones....most of them in my neck.....snap, crackle and pop are even a bit soggy these days.

Self motivation is hard to come by these days. It takes a lot more effort to move this sack of potatoes than it did twenty years ago. Things appear a bit more pessimistic than they did back then as well. Now I am not trying to bring anyone down.  Just giving the State of the Union address here and wishing (maybe self-motivating thru these words) to get up and running again. I have enjoyed my sanctuary garden in the back patio but that sometimes wears off its excitement too. "Waking up to Folgers" doesn't always do the eye-opening trick either.  But it does help.



Sometimes, Mavrick....our bit-of-a-pain-cause-I-chew-everything-but-still-so-cute puppy wakes me up standing on my chest licking my face. He brings in one of his chewed-upon toys in wanting to play. Wet paws and all from his morning jont around the backyard. Not sure that helps but you can't help but smile.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I have seen the previews of Captain America.  You know where the skinny weak guy climbs in some hyperbolic chamber and then climbs out a tough muscle bound stud. I need one of those machines! Or even waking up in the morning and feeling like it was Christmas. That would be awesome as well.

Sometimes we get lost along the path of life and loose the JOY in our lives.  Our lives become routine and lacks adventure.  Yes I did say adventure.  I don't have to be a pirate or secret agent to have adventure.  We all need adventure even it is small.  I have bucket list and some of those things are quite adventuresome.  I can't wait to start marking some of them off. Adventure keeps our lives from getting into the doldrums. LIFE itself can take a beating on you and it takes a bit of self-motivation to shake it off and wake up with that smile and say......Good Morning! I really mean it.

So my friends.....Have a Great Day.....and make it an adventure.
Share you adventure...great or small.

0 comments:

Post a Comment