Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vacation Ideas #2 - Get Away

The Do-Nothing-Getaway. This vacation idea is just the simple get away from it all trip.  Not a long planned out event but rather a spontaneous short runaway.  Have you ever said to yourself, "I need to get away." or "I need a vacation but don't have time." This is the perfect vacation for you.  Maybe you cannot really even call it a vacation.....just a getaway. Which is perfectly okay.  Sometimes we just need something to catch our breath and give us a chance to continue on with LIFE. I have been feeling like that alot.  I need to get away more often.  What I really need is a vacation but alas, time and money are never around when you need them.

My wife and I a short get-away a few weekends ago.  I had to do some work in a small town in North Carolina so we headed out after work on Friday afternoon, drove the four hours to the jobsite and got a motel.  Nothing fancy. Just clean and comfortable. The next morning we both went and did some field measuring (For those of you that don't know, I am an Architect.  So I had to do some as-builts of an existing site to prepare for the renovations we were planning). After about 3 hours of work, we took off for the outlet malls and did a bit of shopping.  Probably spent more than we should have but it made it nice to splurge a bit on ourselves.  We needed it. That evening we went grabbed a bite to eat at a local Irish Pub, enjoyed some conversation and went to bed early.  Again, nothing special but really a nice relaxing time.  The outlets had some really cools plants growing all over the place so....yes I swiped some for my garden area.....I couldn't help myself.  Cant wait until they root so I can plant them!

All in all it was peaceful.  We drove back Sunday morning and then crashed the rest of the day on the sofa. Unfortunately my daughter messed up both of my televisions so I couldn't even veg out....oh well, that was why we GOT-AWAY.

We really don't have a lot of time this summer so we will probably try and do a few more of these. Another great idea is the Staycation.  I cannot stay home for a week but I don't mind telling everyone that we are gone for the weekend and just hiding out at the house for a few days.  No body knows, no body expects us anywhere, no worries.  Perfect.  We can watch a few movies have some food on the grill and enjoy some peace and quiet.

We will see where our next trip leads us. Stay rested my friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment