Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I Love?

You know what I love? I love being lazy! Yes....absolutely lazy.  Doing nothing of value, self-worth or inspirational at all. I know it sounds detrimental to one's health but I think it is actually very healthy. After all doesn't the doctor tell you to take some time off or take a vacation? That is what being lazy is for me.....a vacation!

It goes back to my Get-Away blog post of no big plans.  If I go on vacation....I am bound to find something to do, see or go or whatever.....never getting the rest that I so desperately desire. A few years ago my wife and took our 20th anniversary to Barbados.  We had never been there before.  The goal was to find a place that we good simply roll out of bed and onto the beach. Some place that didn't have any special architecture nearby that would cause me to run off and sketch. ( I did however sketch the palm tree we sat under during the day and the favorite beach side Tiki bar shack!) We hung out, caught some rays (which never happens because we don't find "catching rays" very beneficial use of time), read a book, (only gets done on plane trips or down time....yeah right...downtime) and relaxed doing nothing......we were lazy.

It did cause me to get a little restless at times.  I felt my body rejecting the this new drug being introduced in my blood stream.  I really felt like I needed to do something, anything, but I resisted the urge and laid back down on the beach cabana. At home, there are times, I just want to sit and watch television ( A true waste of time) but hey, it is relaxing....unwinding...and I don't care what you think I like it. Oh I know I have the mile long list of honey-do items and I could be writing another edition of this blog or my business blog. Or maybe I could even do some exercise.....yeah right....did you say sweat, exertion, fatigue, diet, work?  Not today, please......tomorrow I will being that.

So, laziness is what a body deserves sometime.  I define it as this,  "A moment in time dedicated to the do-nothingness of relaxation extending beyond the normal bounds of vacation into a realm of restful intoxication." Try some my friends.....you will like it....Sam I am......Peace be still....Peace be still.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment