Saturday, August 6, 2011

I want to be a Super Hero too!

There is just something about watching the super hero movies that are made from comic books.  I think they are great.  I know, I know....I am still a silly kid.  Can't help it.  That is just me and the way I am. I just got back from seeing the new Captain America movie and thought they did a great job on the story. It had been a big thing in the past for our family to watch the newest comic hero movies when they first came out.  No kids these days to take with me so my wonderful wife agreed to go along. We even created our own Comic Heroes for our own family......IONIC 6.

Over the years there has been some duds when it comes to some of the comic heroes.  Some great ones and then not so great, but they are always fun regardless. There are some new remakes that are pretty bad.....but then again some are really awesome. We all have our favorites and sometimes it goes back to when we were kids and we were first introduced to the characters.

Do you remember the old television versions of Superman with George Reeves.  That was classic. Watching him swish away and the noise was so hilarious. How about the Batman with Adam West and Burt Ward....."Holy _________, Batman!" was the greatest catch phrase. Loved it....so goofy too. The villains were always the best in that show. Bill Bixby as the Incredible Hulk or that Lou Ferrigno. Totally awesome. Even Woman Woman was pretty cool....especially for a teenage boy! Those were good.  Bad ones were Captain America, The Flash....so so., cant remember too many others.

The Superman movies were fun at first however you look back at them and they are laughable.....the remake.....not so good.....not sure what is coming around the corner.  Smallville, when they weren't too wacky was fun. I am still waiting for the perfect Superman. Lois and Clark was always fun.  I enjoyed watching that series. I think the best Superman would be something just a little darker......I know, Superman is always clean cut...but I am just saying....maybe a bit of a dark streak.

Batman first time out the darkness of the movie I thought was pretty good.....then it kept changing Batmans and was really really bad. Come on really? Michael Keaton? Val Kilmer? George Clooney? Not. The recent redeux with Christian Bale has the best look. The Dark Knight was an awesome movie and The Joker played by Heath Ledger was incredible.....so evil! "Why so Serious?" He made the movie! Cant wait to see the next villain.


Aquaman never took off well. Hulk is too.....I don't know.....cartoony maybe is the word. That will be hard to make good. However the Ironman has been awesome and fun. Love the two so far. Green Lantern wasn't too bad.  I enjoyed it. Thor was okay. Not really sure about that character.  It wasn't ever really my favorite. XMen are okay but wasnt my favorite comic either. The Spiderman was pretty good series.....now they are already redeuxing that one.....not sure I will like it.
Then there is the whole thing with Super heroines......I think that it is okay but honestly it seems like it is more about sex appeal instead of the character and her powers. The wonderful thing about spandex and squeezing one's.....shall I just say...."abundance" into a tight fitting outfit which leaves little to the imagination...or maybe it does.  Whatever! Most are spin-offs or knock-offs of the guys.  Superwoman, Spiderwoman, She-Hulk, Catwoman, some of the XMen characters, and so many more I cannot name them here.

We all have our favorites and I continue to look forward to the next movie version coming out.  Yes...just a kid! But it is always so much fun to watch and dream of being a superhero yourself. I really want to be a Superhero too!......when I grow up!

Tell me your favorites and why.
Have a SUPER day my friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment