Wednesday, June 20, 2012

CHKD Run/Walk Race

Well it has been about 13 weeks since I last ran a race....the Shamrock 8K Race. Shamrock 2012 My time and effort were less than desirable but finishing the race is the first half of the battle.  Right after that I decided to begin the 17 Day Diet.  Some of you have seen my progress on Facebook Eugene's Facebook Page and heard about the ups and downs.....mostly all good stuff.

Well Saturday, my wife and I ran the CHKD Run/Walk Race in downtown Norfolk. A great race and specially after I have lost 36 pounds over the last 13 weeks. My time was approximately 10:48 min/mile pace.

I was winded towards the end of the race but my legs didn't hurt at all......I just need more training and practice to keep it up. I would like to be able to get down to a 9 min/mile pace but to finish is satisfactory enough for a 46 year old man.  I would like to get down to 195 pounds......I don't remember the last time I weighed that little......a long time!

We have a 5K run on the 4th of July and a few others planned the rest of the year. Here are the long term goals so you will know that I am completely crazy.  January of 2013....Half Marathon again; January of 2014.....Full Marathon; January of 2015....I want to do the goofy race...Half Marathon on Saturday and Full Marathon on Sunday....at age 49!


Yes my friends, you all already knew I was a bit GOOFY! Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment