Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ok, I officially hate getting old!

Everything used to come naturally, with ease....no problems at all. Remember when you could eat anything you wanted and never gained a pound? Now you have to watch absolutely everything....if not you will gain weight...which will make you buy new clothes....which will make it more difficult to run.....which will make you get fatter.....which makes you depressed....which makes everyone worry about you.....and on and on and on. So I guess I will eat salad tonight!

I know, I know.....it is better than the alternative! I have heard that before. Doesn't mean that I rejoice at being bald. Oh, I do wear it well though. I am thankful that I don't have a lumpy head. But I do miss my brown curly hair. Bet you guys didn't know I ever had hair? How about wearing glasses for everything. I can't see anything these days. I wear my contacts most of the time but can't see anything close.....therefore ready glasses. I have pairs all over the house, office and car just in case. If I go somewhere to eat without them I can't even read the menu. My wife needs to order for me....she orders me salad! If I wear my glasses....I really cannot see far away very clear and I can't see really close so I have to take them off......there are too many rules to my eyesight.

Yes, now there is the teeth thing. I know my dentist way to well. One would when you are always in there getting replacement porcelain for those that seem to fall out. What is the deal with that? Brush all the time, floss all the time, water pic thingy all the time.....all to no avail. At least I don't have to put my teeth in a glass at night. That would be gross.

Medicine for this and medicine for that. I swore I would never take any medicine when I got old.....that was because I was young and didn't realize the enviable was coming. Pills for diabetes, pills for high blood pressure, pills for high cholesterol, pills for going and going and going, shots for diabetes, pills for my heart, yellow pills, pink pills, little blue pills (oh stop it I know what you are thinking).....other than the diabetes all of the others are "just in case" pills. It is still such a pain. I need to find that forever young pill. The one you take and stay about 28 - 33 forever. Yes, I have probably given a little too much thought about this fictional pill. How about the injection that gave Captain America.....I will take one of those! There has to be some sort of herb in the jungles of Africa that I can find.

Okay I officially also hate running......well sort of. Run run run run run run and what does it get me? Back in the circle where I started! I am supposed to me motivated and invigorated but sometimes not so much. First I have to fight off the flu bug which obviously you can't run and sneeze and cough at the same time. Then there is the fact that I hate cold weather.....also I hate early mornings. And when I run and just start feeling pretty good guess what happens? Yep, I hurt my Achilles on the right foot. I wait and wait and stretch until it finally feels better. Ad when I start running again guess what? Yep, now my Achilles for my right foot. You have got to be kidding me! I am about as limber as a piece of "uncooked spaghetti".

And what is the deal with falling asleep at 8:00 at night? Yes I wake up without an alarm clock at 6AM on the dot every morning. If I ever make it to the evening news it is a miracle. New Year's Eve ......that was torturous to stay awake that long. And no we didn't go out.....why not? Because would have fallen asleep I am quite sure of it.

Alas, I complain about getting old but there really isn't anything I can do about it. I might as well just suck it up and enjoy grey in my goatee. I have an excuse now for not mowing the lawn, "Honey I don't think I can because......(insert one - it's too cold, it's too hot, my back hurts, I'm exhausted from work, I'm depressed for work, I think it is going to rain, I just mowed it two weeks ago, I need more gas, I can't pull the starter......I don't want to!)

Getting old......a super hero I am not any more.........but I do drive a Z3!
Live now my friends, because once the day is over it will be gone.

et this I believe
Eugene Thompson

0 comments:

Post a Comment