Monday, May 13, 2013

Who Stole My Weekend?

I do believe another weekend just flew past and I didn't see it. What is the deal? Oh yeah....I decided to pack stuff in. This last weekend it was Saturday morning doing all the yard work the first half of the day and then about 7 hours of meetings in Gloucester. Actually that was meeting and driving times included. Then Sunday was church in the morning where I spoke in class about how we never allow ourselves to rest....ironic? Then Mother's Day lunch with the family and afterwards maybe a bit of downtime watching some television before I went back out and trimmed some of the bushes.

Last weekend was the continued celebrating of our upcoming twenty fifth anniversary so that was relaxing shopping and such. Actually on Saturday afternoon I was so tired I fell asleep at 8:30 or so. Sunday was the long drive back which is tiring but I did manage to shove some work in by stopping off at a jobsite on the way back through South Hill to do a pay app review.

The weekend before that was Philadelphia and the drive back. Longer drive, more recovery time.

The travel never e stops as today I was in Gloucester again all day for meetings. Looks like Thursday I will be neat Richmond for the final review of a completed project in New Kent County. It seems I am putting more and more miles on my wheels. But that is okay since that also means more work for the office. Not so much traveling for relaxation. Work and play are all mixed together like a blender......hmm maybe a foo foo blender drink.....probably not...but diffinitely all mixed together unable to distingusih between the two.

Regardless it seems that the weekends are disappearing. 

Once it seems that I find a brief moment to stay home, the weather forecast imprisons me indoors due to the increment rainy weather. Can't mow in the rain! Sort of a force fed relaxation. I'm not good at being forced. I have found that I cannot sit still for long. Nothing on television to watch, nobody to go to the movies with, video games are until you can't get past that one level.....honey do lists.....I did say relax...lol. A bit of hypocracy in that statement.

Thankful for the rain. 
Thankful for the work.
Thankful for the forced rest.
Thankful for many things in my life.....especially life itself.
It's good to be me.
Why not?

Enjoy what you have my friends....no matter how little it is, somebody has less. We shouldnt really complain.

ET this I believe

Eugene Thompson 

0 comments:

Post a Comment