Wednesday, June 5, 2013

So What Is The Point?

So what is the point? There are times when I feel that everything I do is somewhat pointless. It is kind of like mowing the lawn. I spend countless hours mowing and trimming and weeding and planting.....and all that happens is having to do it all over again. What do I gain? Or is it just pointless?

There never seems to be an end to the house repairs. Once you get one appliance fixed or item patched or repaired, here comes another. Ownership isn't all that its cracked up to be. By the time you pay taxes, do the repairs and maintenance there isn't any time or money for upgrades. My home is my castle.....yeah right. So what is the point?

Exercise, this tired old body just cannot keep up. I have been trying to lose weight and run to stay fit. Setting some goals for myself. It just seems like every time I turn around I have more injuries preventing me from running or exercising. High ambitions but not enough steam in my engine anymore. My body keeps breaking down. Money on exercise gear, shoes, doctor appointments, race entry fees....s what is the point?

So we are supposed to go to church every Sunday and we do. I even teach morning class. But it seems that nobody else is very committed. Time and preparation for the class for only a few to hear what I have to say....or what the bible has to say. Makes it quite discouraging when there isn't others that care. Makes one question about the relevance of it all. So what is the point?

Work is such a time consuming necessary task in our lives. I spend so much effort in creating a business, building a business, maintaining a business, running a business.....it seems it runs me mostly. Why do I want to grow bigger? Taking on more work means hiring more people. Hiring more people means acquiring more equipment and software. More desks means I will run out of room and will need to rent more space. Of course that space needs to be renovated. Of course now I have more people, more overhead, more deadlines....I need more projects to pay for it. Sort of a never ending cycle. So what is the point?

All the "stuff" we do seems to build up like water in a dam and you just hope that it holds back the floods. If it ever breaks....."Sally bar the door!" Really, all this activity keeps us moving so much that we don't have time for each other. We don't have time for anything but finally crashing in bed at the end of a long day tied together with the string of things needed to get accomplished. Collapsed.

So what is the point! Do you ever find yourself asking these questions? Do you ever wonder why you end of doing the things you do? Or taking responsibility for more stuff? What if you made different decisions in your life, where would you be now? Maybe I live in an apartment, no grass to mow, no repairs to manage. Maybe I shouldn't worry about exercise. Since nobody cares at church, they probably wouldn't even notice if I wasn't there. Think of what I could accomplish with the extra time. Just find a job that paid my bills. No need to worry about all the business headaches. Leave that to others. Wouldn't life be so much easier! So what is the point?

For me I guess it is the in borne trait of always bearing the responsibility. I seem to have to "care". I don't look the other way, I go and help. I was given strong shoulders to carry some of the weight of burden.....regardless of how tired I become. Along side that trait of responsibility is the trait of competitiveness. Something deep inside makes me want to do more, do better, achieve more, accomplish more. I feel sometimes these traits are more like curses than blessings. Life could be simpler if my DNA was different. Different, but probably boring too. Uneventful. Bland. Lackey excitement.

So what is the point? I am still not sure......but I keep on doing it.
Have a great day my friends......find the point!

ET this I beleive

0 comments:

Post a Comment