Thursday, July 4, 2013

Renewed Wedding Vows

Ok, I have had my share of weird dreams but this one goes to the top. Not sure where all of this came from but when I woke up in the middle of the night, I had to tell my wife immediately for fear of forgetting any of it.

Now, I have thought for a long time about doing something special for my wife that involves renewing our wedding vows. Maybe on a special anniversary date like 30 or something. And she has always thought about being married with a halo of flowers on her head and white dress and barefoot. Maybe in a castle in Ireland or something. So that has been the thought.

What comes of the following....I have no clue. We weren't even thinking of it.

We had this big event with a lot of people.....many I didn't know. Apparently they were in the entertainment business and knew my wife. Singers, actors etc. It wasn't a casual get together...it was pretty formal and in some sort of an outdoor venue with a big tent on a beach.

So the weirdness begins......we had Aerosmith sing a love song to us at the beginning of the event. Everybody loved it. Many people coming up to congratulate us and talk. I got up to give a speech, thank everyone who came. The crowd looked like a who's who among the stars......have no clue why. 

I thanked Steven Tyler for the song and joked that he needed to sing us another song after we come out of our honeymoon suite..."Walk this way"...in regards to a bow legged stagger. Everyone laughed at the joke and I continued...."Steven's thinking yeah right....another song? Your crazy....DREAM ON!" The laughs continued.

And then for more weirdness. For some unknown reason I had this lipstick smeared on my face in the manner of The Joker or something and was wearing a wedding dress.....no body else could see me but a female singer paying us tribute later on in the evening....I think it was Behance. She had a hard time singing her song because she was laughing too much.

So what in the world did I eat that evening that caused this?
For your continued amusement my friends!

ET this I beleive
Eugene Thompson

0 comments:

Post a Comment