Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Run Run Run......so where are the results?


I RUN to stay healthy. Not so much physically fit, or slim or anything related to my looks. I RUN because I'm a diabetic. And I run because for me it is the best way to control all the factors of diabetes. Or at least that is the plan. 

To loose weight regardless of what some may say, it is always about diet and excercise. ALWAYS!

Being a diabetic is always challenging because the rules (for each person) are always changing. Once you think you figured something out that works, you body goes ahead and switches up the rules. NOT FAIR! In March my numbers for A1C were down to 7.4 which I was a bit surprised at how good they were. Still not great but improving. Improving enough that the doctor took my off one of the meds.

Nearly five months later and 250 miles of running and my A1C is up to 8.2. A real bummer because this time I felt like I was really trying hard. Weight was up......I knew that. I can see that on the scales. But other signs like my daily blood sugars seemed to be really good.

Frustrating.......depressing.......infuriating!

I could fall back to one side of the war and just retreat saying to myself, "who cares anymore?" However the stubbornness inside makes me want to fight back. So how? 

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

Eugene Thompson
ET This I Believe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment