Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Aroma of Coffee in the Morning

I am becoming very much the coffee freak these days! I say that because I never really liked coffee before.  I would have a cup every now and then and my wife would say I was playing grown up, like a little girl pretending with Tea and Cookies....except just the opposite.

I would try to drink some coffee during my days in Architecture school at Oklahoma State.  You know....for the reason of trying to stay awake.  Nope, couldn't do it.  It was enough struggle to keep going, but the coffee just upset my stomach. Of course the JOLT cola didn't do much better!

I think I must have been converted while my in-laws were living with us. My father-in-law would always get up first thing and make a pot of coffee......and then before long, he was make two pots of coffee for all of us. I think what I like most about the coffee habit is being able to pour a cup of coffee in the morning and then go out and sit on my patio surrounded by the flowers in my garden, (that I planted, by the way) and enjoy a moment of peace and quiet before the hectic day is to begin. Now our backyard is not exactly a fortress of solitude, but it has it's ability to take me away at least.

Of course that is in the spring or summer time.  In the winter time, I wake up and then my lovely wife (to whom I am so appreciative....staggers back from the kitchen with sleepy eyes partly opened and bring us our first cup of java for the morning).  ummm, wonderful smell, wonderful taste.....just right!

Now I don't go about adding a bunch of stuff to the coffee. No creamer. No milk. No sugar. No nothing.  Just plain black coffee! And we don't get a abnormally special coffee either.  Just FOLGERS breakfast blend or something like that. (Please don't ask me to buy it at the store....I am sure I wont buy the right stuff!) No if I go out for breakfast, and have a choice like PANERA, I will get some of the darker blends....but still no additives. Here is my MOTO: "If you are going to drink coffee....then drink coffee!"

We or maybe it is just I have started a collection of different coffee mugs from where ever we go.  We have a few from Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater (my wife has broken hers twice). We have a couple from Vegas, (my wife broke hers....now you see a theme happening here?). We have some Christmas ones, I got a Steeler mug for my Birthday....it is the best....big, strong and indestructible......ok, don't tell my wife about the indestructible part.

Juan Valdez...bring me another cup!
Have a blessed day my friends and remember to enjoy it to it's fullest!

0 comments:

Post a Comment