Sunday, April 1, 2012

Rocky Mountain High

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted anything.  It just has been so crazy around here with all the "stuff" that has to be done.  You know the routine. Anyway, my last post was about the airport adventure on our way out to Colorado to visit our son and daughter-in-law. You can read about it here. http://etsthisibelieve.blogspot.com/2012/03/colorado-journey.html

This is all about the visit. It was actually quite relaxing. The kids still had to work during the day so we got to spend time just chillin during the day and then spent time visiting in the evenings. I had finally arrived late Saturday night in Denver and everyone picked me up at the airport.  My wife had caught the earliest flight so our son was able to pick her up and drive back to Colorado Springs. 12 hours later they drove back to Denver to pick me up. I was glad to finally be on the ground.

Sunday was a busy day.  We went to church and met all their friends.  It was a very friendly group as usually it always is, but a nice lesson was presented as well. Fun for a change of pace for us. After church we went to a Mexican restaurant....cannot remember the name but it was good.  A bit of time to chat with the kids and the in-laws....are they called in-laws if it is my daughter-in-laws family? I don't know....but it is family.  They too are recently baptised and became members of the church.  That is exciting in itself.

After food, we went home and changed and headed out to the "Garden of the Gods" to go for a walk.  The walk turned into a climb as the little kid came out in me and I had to crawl all over the red rocks. It was pretty fun....pretty treacherous.....pretty tiring too! Oh yeah, a little bit of exercise for an old out of shape man and throw in the Rocky Mountain High altitude and I was DONE pretty quick. But that was okay, we found a spot to rest and enjoy the views.

Later that week we went and visited their friends for dinner and games at their house. They were an older couple that certainly didn't act old! Very fun. We had a huge subway sandwich and played Phase 10.  A crazy game that was completely new to us but lots of fun and silliness.  Just what the doctor ordered. Later, we read some poetry...yes you heard right. "The Cremation of Sam McGee". All in all a great evening.

Later in the week, we headed out to what my daughter referred to as the Hippie Boardwalk.  Manitou Springs.  A fun area where we grabbed a bite to eat and bought some souvenirs to remember the trip.  My wife got surprised when I got her some cool ear rings and a bag to match. We also bought a couple of blankets and my daughter got a giant woven bag that resembles a hacky sack.  She loved.  I spoil my girls.

The trip home was uneventful as we all caught the first flight home.  Tired but thoroughly happy to see the kids after almost 18 months.  We look forward to the next visit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment