Sunday, April 29, 2012

Times Flies

It is amazing how time flies. It sees like it was only a few days ago, my daughter was just a little on running around the house, and then a few days later she was playing softball, basketball etc and now she is 18 and setting out to conquer the world. Yesterday we had a little get together at our house for friends and family to stop by and help us celebrate her birthday and high school graduation. Thanks to all those that could attend. The house was packed at times with all her new friends from the Chesapeake Church of Christ. What an awesome show of support!

You know we often look back in our lives (once we become ole' coots) and remember the times we had when we were younger and reminisces of days long forgotten. Sometimes the teenage years are nice and sometimes they can be painful. Everyone's situation is different. I guess I choose to remember my days at high school as fun times. I don't really wish I could, "go back" to those days. Nearly 30 years out of high school I am happy in the position I am in.

I am sure my daughter will do the same thing. Choose the best things to be positive about and remember each of those times. But look toward the future and embrace what it has to offer you. That can be an exciting adventure for a young person....starting out life anew with nothing but upward to soar. She is the youngest of four kids and the only girl. All of our kids, we feel have been very successful thus far in their goals, dreams and pursuits. Each one different, each one heading in their own direction. As a parent that is exciting to see them take their first steps, (and every one of them after that) as they begin living their lives.

Congratulations my sweet girl to you achievements and may there many more successes and happiness for your future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment