Monday, September 17, 2012

Just What the Doctor Ordered

Sometimes rest is all that is needed. This weekend was a much needed break from all the other stuff and just a little bit of RUN, REST and PRAYER. I had been feeling quite drained the last week or so.

RUN:
Saturday my wife and I ran 6 miles (not together)....we are not the same pace and I listen to music the entire time with Runkeeper.

REST:
Then a bit of rest on by heading down to Knott's Island (first time there since we have lived here for 18 years) wasn't anything but wine and picking. Honestly my knee was hurting so I didn't want to wonder around an orchard and pick apples. Decided to take the ferry over to Currituck but had to wait an hour for it to arrive.....I am not a patient soul, but I did.  Then we realized (after the hour), that we read the sign wrong.....summer hours....another hour......sorry, no more patience......head back.

PRAYER:
I am preparing to teach the adult class at church on Sunday mornings so I began working on some of my lessons and my wife and I prayed for all the "things" in our lives and all the "people".

It was relaxing......can I do it all over again?
Have a great week my friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment