Saturday, September 8, 2012

To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before.....

Yep, you got it right....STAR TREK. I am a bit of a Star Trek Geek. I grew watching and rewatching all the episodes when I was a kid.  I think my sister was the original geek in the family as she found it first as a favorite. But that was about it, once she introduced me to it, I was hooked. Let me start off by saying I am not as geeky as some of those who go to every convention or where t-shirts with the slogans plastered on them.  I am just a regular fan of the show. Others are big fans of the Star Wars or Doctor Who, which is fine.  I am certainly not bashing the other Sci-Fi favorites as I like them as well. Star Trek just struck a cord with me more. So Happy 46th Birthday to the Enterprise crew!

There have been some amazing episodes and "fictional inventions" within the story lines that I have always thought were an absolute must for real life. I figure it is just a mater of time before our science fiction turns into science reality. Seems like reality follows close behind. If we can dream it, we can build it.

Some of my favorite concepts from STAR TREK:

1. UNIFORMS
One concept I thought was unique is the color coded uniforms.......er shirts. So they are just shirts but I liked the principal behind them. Some of the females characters wore dresses with the same color scheme. However the limited color range should have been expanded to add a few more like maybe purple or green. However Captain Kirk did wear a green version in a few episode but the primarily colors were the Blue, Gold and Red. This may give me an ideas for some gifts!

2. LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
Spoke had the greatest quote of all time. Well maybe it was more of a Vulcan thing but he said it all the time. Out of all the struggles and turmoil we endure in our lives isn't it great to just imagine this thought. Forget about everything else....just live long and prosper....what else really matters. Some we can tell ourselves everyday when the humdrums draw us down a bit.

3. FOOD REPLICATOR
What else is there to say? Whatever you are hungry for you plug it in and it makes it for you.  Piping hot, cold whatever it is it comes out of the same little window.  Awesome.  Sometimes I imagine my microwave as a food replicator and speak into it for some Talaxian Spice Stew or even a plate of Klingon Chech'tluth....whatever those are. Did you know that the word replicator was created on Star Trek?

4. ALIEN WORLDS
How about all the alien life forms? It is just crazy how many different "beings" they ran into within the galaxy and beyond. Andorian, Cardassian, Ferengi, Klingon, Romulan, Talaxian and of course Vulcan. Some of them were really out there but many of the aliens just had big eyebrows or spots painted on their faces. What a weird universe they introduced us to.....and Captain Kirk had to fall in love with everyone one of their women......really weird!

5. MEDICAL TRICORDER
Ok, Dr. McCoy (Bones) was always a gumpy man.  I think he inherited it straight from his ancestors (the Hatfields and McCoy's). But he did have the coolest medical gadgets. The multi-functional tricoder could do everything and it could do it immediately. Gather samples, analysis and submit a remedy in a matter of seconds. No more waiting at the doctor's office to be seen. Some one please invent this thing.

6. THE TRANSPORTER
Now this is got to be the greatest thing. No more travel.  Just "Beam me up Scotty!" Can you imagine rather than driving long distances, traffic jams, airport hussel and bussel.....we just step into a transporter machine and presto we are there! Just rearrange my molecules an put them back together again in the correct order please. (Better than Willy Wonka). This would be wonderful!

ok, my friends.....enjoy your day.....and you got it....LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

0 comments:

Post a Comment