Sunday, July 5, 2015

YMCA Independence Day 5K


Sometimes the little local races are the best runs. We see people,we know and they are small enough that you don't get overwhelmed by crowds. This one is nice because we can support local as well. That is always important. I didn't plan on running a PR today but rather just running along with my wife and encouraging her. She is making a lot of progress on her goal to run her first marathon in November. Supporting her encourages me.

Another thing about these smaller races is the number of people that are just starting running. While 5k is a breeze for me, for some people it is immensely difficult. I was there once too. These folks encourage me watching them overcome their struggles and conquer this race. I love to cheer on the finishers.

If you have a chance this summer, sign up for a little local race. It is really heartwarming and encouraging to others from your community. If you are one of the ones that are just starting out, sign up and run it, walk it......do whatever you can to finish it. You will get overwhelming support from others to help you finish. If you don't know where to look for one.....write me....I'll find one for you. RunEugeneRun26.2@gmail.com

Have a great day my friends and I hope you have enjoyed our Independence Day.

Eugene Thompson
Run Eugene Run

Walk a little. Run a little. Fight a lot!
Bringing awareness about diabetes

0 comments:

Post a Comment