Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Next Step for RUN EUGENE RUN

What is next for my plans with Run Eugene Run? Well the very next step is for EUGENE (that's me) to get some additional training. Yes, 23 marathons isn't really enough. I feel I've hit a plateau and can't make it beyond my time, my distance and my physical strength. I need help.

What is great about being focused.....is being vulnerable. Being open and honest about where I am. Right now I'm still struggling with my long term goals in health. I need to be better. In order to get better I need motivation. I need accountability. I need a trainer.....a coach.

A few months ago my wife and I both joined forces with Unify Health and Fitness Studio to get to the next level in our health goals. Health goals cover physical and mental. I really believe that if you are physically fit.....it helps a massive amount in your mental health. Diabetes has a history of depression tagging along and always makes me dip from time to time. So I'm going to work on my muscles.....including the brain muscle.

After a trial Saturday work out the first week and my first regular workout the following Monday......I was sore. Abs, triceps and hamstrings......That nice Personal trainer Michelle was brutal on me. Not really, she was very supportive. Basically I suck. I know I suck.....that's why I'm there.

My goals are the following:
1. Loose a few more pounds....10 at most.
2. Loose the spar tire.
3. Strengthen my upper body.
4. Build my cardio to sustain after 18 mile mark.
5. Look good......always and of course.
6. Feel even better.....without a doubt.

Wish me luck my friends. I will share my journey along the way. Unify owners Brian and Melissa are interested in helping us build up Run Eugene Run as well. We are pulling together a great team to fight against diabetes.

Watch soon for THE NEW WEBSITE.......TSHIRTS......AND OUR OFFICIAL HEADQUARTERS!


Until then my friends....have a fun run!

Eugene Thompson
Run Eugene Run

0 comments:

Post a Comment