Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Nervous about Marathon 23


"It's just another marathon." I tell myself. "Ive done this before....22 times!"

All mind games inside trying to convince myself that this marathon is no different than any other. But it's not. The things I routinely plan and do before a race will all be different.
My wife won't be there.
Start the day and finish the day by myself.
The hills are brutal......I know, I struggled last year.
There is a new time limit....yes I've done faster, but will I on the hills?
I haven't been training the way I should. Is that rest or laziness?
Hamstrings hurt because of different work out......good thing or bad?

The mind plays vicious games......doubt turns to fear and fear turns to barriers.

I'll just need to remember.....
RUN EUGENE RUN

Eugene Thompson
Running to bring awareness about diabetes.



0 comments:

Post a Comment