Sunday, February 12, 2012

Snow ...... In Virginia Beach?

Christian with all the ladies
It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.  Last night we got a bit of the flurries late and it stuck around until this morning. Since we have moved down here 18 years ago from Pennsylvania we have had a handful of snow falls.  Most of the time it is just like last night with about 1/2 inch or so.  It is pretty and then disappears quickly.

When it snowed in PA, we had to also get out there and shovel the snow on the sidewalks and clear the paths.  The first time it snowed right after we moved down here I ran out immediately and shoveled the sidewalk and drive.  I was the only one doing it.  It felt awesome. Of course, I had all the heavy gear we used in Allentown so I made quick work of the light fluffy stuff. Then I realized why nobody else was bothering to shovel their sidewalks........sun came out and in 15 minuets is was GONE! Bummer! All that work for naught.

Preparing for the snow battle
We have had other snows that were more significant and found out that the area isn't really prepared for heavy snow....everything shuts down.  As a matter of fact I believe one year the schools shut down just for the THREAT of snow......DEFCON SNOW ALERT......Crazy.....it didn't snow at all....lol. lol.

I don't miss going out in the snow myself anymore, but it is fun to watch the kids play in it.  Here are a few crazy snow pictures from days gone by.
Sneaking up for the attack
Wondering what in the world this stuff is......just a pup!
On the attack....no sneaking!
Running away from Christian
run and hide.....fashionable in my sweater!
They got Christian!

0 comments:

Post a Comment