Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Superbowl...sort of a Superdud?

Honestly, I wasn't impressed so much on the Superbowl Sunday. Yes, my team had already been knocked out in the playoffs...Go Steelers! But really I had hoped for a great rematch between the Giants and the Patriots. I didn't care you won, but was sort of cheering on the GMEN. Often in the past we plan a big get-to-gether at our house with big TVs all over the place and food and friends. This year no plans for such an event. Actually, I was looking forward to the commercials! Even if the game was bad, the commercials are always something to talk about the next day.

Game and commercials (in my opinion) came up short. There wasn't any awesome great plays in the game that would keep you talking or watching the highlights over and over. The commercials seemed to play it safe as well.


First, we will talk about the commericals. There were a few chuckles I made during the game. The M&Ms were sort of silly.  Those candies always embarrass themselves. Wrong kind of party Red M&M! I liked the Doritos "dog killed the cat" commercial. Funny....and even better when I found out a local made the commercial.  I guess everyone else liked it also since it became the big winner. No good beer commericals, no good car commercials (there were plenty...just none that I thought were that good) Maybe the vampire headlight one was funny.....but come on...too much Vampire stuff these days everywhere.

Bad commercials, Tired of E-Trade babies, Tired of Go-Daddy.com and Detroit is still a place that is a less than desirable place to live, work or play regardless of any rap star or Clint Eastwood promotions. I do like Clint Eastwood....."Make my day punk"....."You need to ask yourself, Do you feel lucky today, well do yah?"

And of course, the game.  Yes of course it was a close game so that made it interesting.  I can probably say that all the Giant's fan thought that it was an awesome game. And all the Patriot's fans thought a bit less about it.  Honestly, the biggest play was the 38 yard pass by Eli down the sidelines in the last few minutes of the game.  A great catch, a great pass but hardly a play of all time.....I am talking about great plays like David Tyree's catch or Antonio Holmes catch right after the Cardinals endzone catch or even a defensive play like Harrison's interception and run back 90 some yards for a TD....or close to a TD...I cant remember exactly.....you get the idea though.

All the plays were safe by both teams....the most memorable play will be the Bradshaw "tried not to score play". Worst part is the media had nothing to talk about afterwards other than, "Eli, how was it to win in the house that Peyton built?" or why didn't Bradshaw stop and kneel down on the 1 yard line......and then why didn't New England let them score on first down instead of second.......come on guys......really. And who care what the supermodel QB wife says? Not much for us all to talk about the next day....except......I cant wait for the draft.  We can never get too much football!

0 comments:

Post a Comment