Sunday, February 19, 2012

Home Alone

Well it is just me and Mavrick this weekend, Home Alone. The girls headed off to Tennessee for the annual Winterfest Youth Rally in Gaitlinburg. So pup and I have just been hanging out.  Not really accomplishing much at all either.  I have been working on a few rendering and a few new models for potential projects. Other than that, I have just been roaming the house looking for snack food.....there is none! My wife did a good job of keeping the fatty foods away from me.





Truly bored though. There is only so much old television, rendering, and wandering a person can do. Funny, the house used to be a thriving bustle of noise but now the noise of kids just comes from the neighborhood kids playing out in the evening on probably one of the last warm days before the snow hits.

So Mavrick and I watch some TV, eat some.....so called food and SLEEP.  Mavrick sleeps alot....and takes up too much room on the bed.  He sprawls out everywhere.  I rolled over on my side last night on the edge of the bed and he rolled up right against me.  I could even roll back.  He was dead. I had to drag him by his paws to move him over.  Funny dog.  The rest of the time he stole my wife's spot.  I guess he misses her too.

Sleeping in Mom's spot
This is one of those weekends where I really could have got some things accomplished but I already knew I was going to be swamped with work next week.  I have four jobsites that I need to field measure and one of them is in Raleigh. I will be wiped out I am sure.  So, I am taking my rest time now. I could have played a little bit of XBox Kinects but wasn't really into it.  I could have played a bit of Sim City....I did...just a bit. I love that game. I could have exercised.....really? I know I should.  I will run today...I promise! Other than that, I plan on being lazy.

Taking a nap on the fancy pillow
The girls will be home tonight so I will need to make sure I clean up a few things.  I didn't make much of a mess or dirty any dishes...... (Mavrick cleaned the dishes for me)....Maybe I can make a nice treat for them when they get back as a surprise. A snack treat or something since I am not sure when they will get in exactly.......I guess that means I will have to go to the dreaded grocery store otherwise the only thing I could probably make is a dry sandwich or salsa favored popcorn.  By the way, why do we have so much salsa in this house but nothing to put it on? Take care my friends.  I believe I should be rescued from this solitude and saved from having to survive on Triskets and Laughing Cow Cheese. Don't worry, I wont let the girls know we missed them.....we will play it up like it was the best guy's weekend ever! Take care my friends....Stay lonely....NOT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment