Thursday, May 24, 2012

Don't Waste My TIME!

Last night my wife and I watched an interesting movie called "In Time". I know, I know it has been out for a long time and yes I am behind the times.....can you tell that this blog just might use the word TIME a few times? Sorry but it is inevitable! I have been wanting to watch it for some time now but just haven't found the time. So last night it was storming and we couldn't really doing anything else so we stopped off at the local Redbox and picked it up.  I am always in the mood for a good mindless sci-fi show so I was set.

It didn't take long until we both realized that there would be lots of "play on words" in the movie. Such as:
  1. "I have time on my hands"
  2. "I don't have any time to gamble"
  3. "don't waste my time"
  4. "I just wanna wake up with more time on my hand than hours in the day."
  5. "I put in some overtime"
  6. "Who has time for a girlfriend?"
  7. "You need to get out of here. Some body's gonna clean that clock."
You get the idea.
The basic storyline concept was about how time became a limited commodity and there wasn't any "wasted" time. Time was short and you just didn't hang out....unless you were rich...in time that is of course. I like the thought of not wasting our time but then again I would really miss the lazy afternoons! Those are precious in themselves. Sitting on the beach and watching the sunrise or sunset. Priceless!

Another concept the movie expressed was how the rich never had time run down so their life lasted forever (their bodies never aged after 25). They never even ran.....why ....they had plenty of time and were not in a hurry. So a moment in time held no value, however for those who had limited time....every moment in time was valuable and they were always watching their clocks. Doesn't it seem like when you have no money in the bank...you are always looking at the balance? I have never had the opportunity to ignore how much money was in my account.....always was cautious! The final moments on their clocks became much more precious to the characters in the movie.  Some of the rich characters had more than a century on their clocks. One of the comments they said often when they looked at their expiring time was, "We have a day....there is a lot that you can do in a day."

If you knew when your time was going to expire, what would you do with it? Would you waste your time? Would you share it with another? Would it be valuable to you?

I couldn't help but think of several lyrics to several songs.
Songs:
Time keeps on ticking ticking...into the future.....I've got to much time on my hands....

My friends.....What do you plan on doing with your time today? Use it wisely and enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment