Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bedtime

Ok, it must certainly be a sign of old age when you decide that 8 PM is your bedtime! Or how about waking up before 6AM on a consistent basis.....without an alarm clock? If that is the sign then I am staring at it in the face. Once I am home from work, do a few house chores maybe even mow part of the lawn....part of the lawn.....why would you do more than part?....eat dinner and then check out what is on television. Ok, nothing is on television worth while but maybe 15 minutes of news to find out that the world has gone to heck in a handbasket. ( I have never quite understood how something can be in a handbasket and that be a bad thing...go figure)

It doesn't take long after the recorded shows pop on....usually episodes of Law and Order or maybe some other detective show (now I know why my dad used to watch all those shows like Streets of San Francisco...it is an old man thing) anyway.....once it starts playing it isn't long before I start falling asleep. It must be late....7:48PM...you got to be kidding me! Before long I give up and hit the bed.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock....Yep you guessed it.....morning comes....at around 5:52 AM! Time to get up and get your cup of coffee, read the newspaper Internet news, blog a bit, facebook a bit (yes I am a facebook geek) and then maybe go for a run.  What happens on those evenings where I might stay awake until the whopping late time of 11PM (it doesn't happen often) you got it.....awake by 6AM...ALWAYS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment