Sunday, August 19, 2012

ET this I DREAM

I believe I shared this before about how often and how vivid my dreams are. Not to mention how crazy they are. I wrote about one back a few years ago in a post called Master of a Dream. Maybe everyone dreams crazy too but mine just seam out of this world. It is pretty common for me to have more than one vivid dream a night. However I don't always remember them all in the morning. This doesn't happen every so often...... It happens every night. I just don't choose to wake up a write about very many of them. I would never get any sleep. However, if published I might become a rich famous author. Just think about it. 47 years of dreams. That is a lot of goofy stuff.

I have this book of dreams that I keep next to my bed (nicknamed "Dream Catcher") and there are times when I have a dozzie so I write them down quickly.  Could be first thing in the morning or it could be in the middle of the night.  I know that I have to write them down pretty quickly as the details start to fade away pretty fast.

Last night was no exception.  I remember two of the dreams. The first seemed pretty ordinary as I was trying to solve a business/engineering issue at the office. I was running through all the options and problems that were available. This is what I seem to do everyday in my "real" life. Work and Problem Solve.

The second one is why I write today.  It involves some time travel.  The dreams begins in the current time and place with me doing all the things I normally do.....nothing strange here except for that never happens in my dreams....and then I was time traveling back to college back at Oklahoma State (I presume) and was going to college as a science engineer of some sort. Ok so time travel....maybe not so weird in my dream....me doing science....absolutely abnormal!

I don't really recall how I was going back and forth other than I was spending one day back in time and the next in present day.  That way I wouldn't get too far behind in either life.....go figure even in a dream I have to figure out all of life's problems. I was working on some sort of experiment that I feel (starting to fade) was biological in nature. Science back then didn't have all the necessary answers to solve the problem. So when I went back to present time, I would gather the information and use it to take back helping solve the equations that would ultimately save the world.

The difficulties I faced in the dream? I couldn't let anyone know that I was time traveling. And I tried to stay consistent going back each day to and fro.  If I didn't meet in a certain place or wasn't alone, then I was stuck there in the past for another day......the worries? What would be happening in my life back in the present day? Yes....just weird.  There was much more detail but I cant remember it right now.

I guess the odd part of this is the fact that it falls back on my very nature for everything I do.  Problem solving. I feel that I have to solve whatever worries or else I will just worry.  This alone is tiresome. Problems, tasks, duties, responsibilities, requirements, life...all of the the things that keep us running in place.....even in my dreams! What I want to know is why not dream about beautiful beaches and wonderful sunsets? Heck....why not just move to Barbados, live in a shack on the beach and I can only worry about gathering enough fruit for breakfast and catching enough fish for dinner? Oh yea, if you think I am skinny now......I don't fish very well!

Dream a little Dream my friends and enjoy your life now.....here and in slumberland!
http://etsthisibelieve.blogspot.com/

Sign up as my friend and follow my crazy rantings! Thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment