Monday, March 2, 2015

Dragon.....no Draggin'

I have been really draggin' ever since my marathon in New Orleans. I ran something like 85 miles in the month of January (that is an exaggeration) and in February there were only 13 miles. 

That stinks! Maybe I could blame it on the cold weather. Maybe I could blame it on the snow. Maybe I could blame it on my treadmill. Oh yeah, every one of those miles were on a treadmill. Blah. Maybe I could blame it on my body being tired. Maybe I just get blah sometimes and don't feel motivated to run. That is diabetes for you. 

So an update, my blood sugar numbers have been fantastic. That is great news. Now I'm also between 197 and 201 pounds. That is great news. And my shoulder feels like it needs to be chopped off. That isn't so great of news. 

Not sure what the deal is but it has been killing me. Didn't fall on it, didn't pull on it, it didn't pull on me, didn't yank, crank, prank or anything else. Shoulder just hurts. Not so much when I run .... Just during everything else. So when in doubt give it a Cortizone shot. And take a handful of ibuprofen every day for the next two weeks. Blah blah blah. Sure, we will see. I've tried adjustments and massages and it still hurts since October. I should have asked for some Cortizone for my knees. 

With all that being said I went out this morning and ran 6 1/2 miles in the snow and rain. And it felt great! However my glasses did freeze up a little bit. First they fogged up in the fog turn to condensation in the condensation turn to frozen sickles. Try running in those kind of goggles!

I need to keep up the running over the next two weeks to stay loose to be ready for the One City Newport News Marathon. Then the week after that will be the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach. That should get me up to about another 85 miles this month. 

So what do you say my friends? Are you ready for a run?



0 comments:

Post a Comment