Thursday, June 23, 2016

I Can Do All Things Thru Christ



Philippians 4:13 is used by so many as a motivational scripture to use us beyond what we ourselves can accomplish. So often it comes across that WE can DO ANYTHING with Christ's help. I don't disagree with that statement but I also don't want to get lost in what Paul is sharing in all of the surrounding scripture.

Read Paul's full statement in context:
“But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
Philippians 4:10-13 NKJV

Im reading into his statement that he is content in whatever situation he is in. And he has learned to accept it regardless of the situation. He has been very "FULL" and he has been very "HUNGRY" and he is happy that God has provided. Regardless of his situation.....he can do EVERYTHING because Christ will strengthen him. 

I don't think he arbitrarily is stating that he will be able to accomplish anything. I believe that he is stating that what he does.....for God.....he is capable.

My thoughts.....share yours......would love to hear from you.

ET This I Believe
Eugene Thompson

0 comments:

Post a Comment