Saturday, June 25, 2016

F.E.A.R. and P.U.S.H.


Some days we really need to have all the help we can get. Struggles and trails usually strike at times that are most inconvenient. Never do they happen when your best prepared to tackle them. There are times when the whole world appears dark. We feel engulfed and swimming in a lake full of ALLIGATORS with no sight of escape. 

Today I am honestly scared if I'll ever be able run again. Everyone is supportive but I know it's a long road ahead. It's easy to look back on your path, your journey, your trails, your struggles and say it "Look at how far I've come." However to be at the starting line and stare at the distance without the ability to see the finish line......well it's just daunting. 

So what can I do? I have one thing I need to do first and foremost. That's prayer. I have only one strength right now that I can draw upon and that is the Lord's. Mine's pretty fragil at the moment. Not trying to wallow in self pity. Really trying to be strong and motivate myself including others that I promised to support. It just stinks. I just wish I could rewind like you do on the DVR for the television and go back......I want that 30 seconds of stupidity back so I can make a wise decision. Don't we all?

So today I'll do my routine the best I can (sans running) and focus on what I need to accomplish everywhere else. I'll PUSH and not FEAR.

Thank you friends for all your support and love.

Eugene Thompson
ET This I Believe

0 comments:

Post a Comment