Monday, October 28, 2013

Seventeen Miles

Yesterday I did my longest run ever in my life. 17 miles. I have done the 13 miles a few times as that has always been the bench mark. But anything over that has evaded me. A few weeks ago I did 14 miles along the river in Morgantown. That was great. 13 miles still seems to be the wall. I get slower at that point.

My run yesterday was pretty much boring. It was a straight out and back and for the most part one long continuos line. My goal was just to get the mileage. I needed the distance to prepare my legs for the marathon in January. Only 75 days away.....a 9 more miles......that is just crazy!

I often just drift off during my run and sometimes focus on the music in my head but mostly just flip through pages of thoughts. You can go through a lot in your head when you are by yourself for three hours. Today's primary motivational thought when I began to struggle was, "Don't Think, Just Run". So that is what I did.

Running with diabetes has it challenges too. Afterwards my blood sugar was 63.....and I hadn't even taken my insulin. Yep, a bit dizzy. I also lost 8 pounds during the run.....alas, if I could only keep that water weight off! I burned over 2500 calories too.

I wonder where I am running next?
Run Run Run Away my friends

ET This I Believe
Eugene Thompson




0 comments:

Post a Comment