Sunday, October 17, 2010

In the race

Yesterday we ran in the Breast Cancer race, Race for the Cure, down at the beach.  It was a bit cold...no problem.  A bit windy...no problem. However we parked at 9th street and the race began at 31st Street....oops. So walked all the way there to start.  Also this was the first that I had done since the half marathon in Dsiney 2 and a half years ago.....Ouch. I shouldnt have ever stopped the running. Thought I could take a break but never meant that break to last 3 years.  Gained too much weight, to hard to run with an extra 30 pounds.

Anyway it felt good to push myself.  I wasnt expecting to break any records.  I didnt even train for this.  Just did it.  Of course this morning I am a bit sore.  But I am a beleiver in the moto, "No Pain, No Gain". for whatever that is worth.  Mostly my stupidity.  But anyway, it felt good.

Being a diebetic, it is hard to control your weight.  I have just started back on weight watchers and have so far lost just over 5 pounds in 3 weeks. soso good. I hate going slow. The running helps a great deal in keeping my weight down.  I am looking to drop another 20-25 pounds and would be under 200 for the first time in.......cant remember.  It wont be easy but I like challenges.....problem is I like pizza too.....and burgers, and beer and cake and well you get the idea.  I will keep you posted on my progress.

Stay healthy my friends

0 comments:

Post a Comment