Sunday, November 20, 2011

Back on board!....with the treadmill that is.

me on the treadmill.....terrible picture,
looks like I don't have any teeth
Okay, so I guess it was the barefoot running that was killing my skins.  Today I jumped on the treadmill and did just over two miles! Not great by any means but far better than what I have been doing.  I feel the next step is loose a few pounds, which the continuous running should eventually help this out, and maybe a new pair of running shoes.  They say that you need to replace them regularly and I cannot quite honestly say how long I have had these....maybe since I finished the last half marathon????? Anyway, my skins didn't hurt and I really wasn't too tired.  A little winded, but I didn't want to overdo it like i always do.....and then not walk for a week.....baby steps.

Anyway, I am excited.....the first mile I averaged about 12:00 and the second was roughly 15:00. I also had a warm up walk before and after which added to the time, distance and calories.  The count said 312 calories burned.....Yeah! I am hoping to do the turkey trot 5K on Thursday. We have always seemed to miss this one. Join us in the race.....would love to see you! http://www.active.com/running/virginia-beach-va/5th-annual-onelife-fitness-turkey-derby-10k-5k-and-williams-mile-2011?int=29-12

Keep running my friends....If I can do it you certainly can! Tell me about your struggles and your triumphs, no matter how great or small.

0 comments:

Post a Comment