Thursday, January 24, 2013

Way back Machine

Remember Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine in that silly cartoon? I think there were some loose moments in each of those cartoons that taught a little history to the boy. I did say loose. The boy and his super smart dog, how silly. I would love to have a Wayback Machine. An opportunity to visit either serious far back in time or maybe just a few years within your own lifetime.

Would you use it for good or evil? For remembering or to change things? Would it make you happy or just realize missed opportunities? There are always the what if's in our mind. What if I had done this? Or What would have happened if I took that job? Talked to that girl? Said the right thing? I love all those SCI-FI movies that have twists of time in them. Sometimes it is only the very little things that make significant changes in our lives. It doesn't always have to be profound life altering events. Just the small stuff.

"Don't sweat the small stuff." is what they say but I think all the small stuff, when added up, is what makes the biggest difference. Not sure I can move a mountain in one giant push or eat an elephant in one big bite. But little by little I hope I make a difference. A difference to me and a difference to others around me.

Go back in time to change the course of major events? Stop a tyrannical ruler before he gets started or save a president from an assassination? Sure all good but how about just go back and see what I said or did on high school, college or as I started IONIC, little changes that over all make a big difference when they are all added up.

Alas, until my dog develops a super computer to transfer me back to the 70s I guess I just need to keep on thinking about what I do right now. Each day. A little decision that will alter the course of time. Mmmmm maybe a little too intense! Okay, today.....maybe I won't eat that convenience store burrito. It might just save the world.

What if ...... My friends. What if?

0 comments:

Post a Comment